On June 29, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) released several appeal decisions related to the requests for review, requests for waiver, and petitions for reconsideration of E-rate beneficiaries. The FCC dismissed 14 requests, granted 85 and denied 34 appeals on various grounds.
Successful Appeals were tied to:
- Considering Price of Eligible and Ineligible Items as Primary Factor in Vendor Selection
- Corrective SPIN Change
- Eligible Entities
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications Filed within 14 Days of the Close of the Window
- Ministerial and/or Clerical Error
- Unable to Receive Disbursement Due to USAC System Change
- Waiver of Appeal Filing Deadline
The SLD has 90 days to review these appeals and release funding commitment decision letters based on this public notice.
Denials were issued for appeals involving the following issues:
- Invoice Deadline Extension Requests
- Invoice Deadline Extension Requests More than 12 Months Late
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications
- Untimely Filed Requests for Review
The streamlined appeal decisions can be viewed here.