Comments to the FCC’s draft Eligible Services List (ESL) for Funding Year 2018 were due July 21, 2017, and stakeholders were given until August 7, 2017 to file reply comments in support of (or opposition to) initial comments. Notable replies included:
- a number of comments in support of Kellogg & Sovereign Consulting’s proposal to create a reasonable process for funding services that transition between providers during a funding year;
- a comment that proposed a more granular way of determining when cellular data service can be considered cost-effective; and
- a comment that proposed clarifying that requests for Internet service from multiple providers should not be automatically be considered duplicative.
Links to reply comments:
- State E-rate Coordinator’s Alliance (https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/filing/108071581400418)
- T-Mobile (https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/filing/1080711628427)
- AT&T (https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/filing/1080724861721)