On February 28, 2018, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) released several appeal decisions related to the requests for review, requests for waiver, and petitions for reconsideration of E-rate beneficiaries. The FCC dismissed 4 requests, granted 4 and denied 15 appeals on various grounds. The SLD has 90 days to decide on the review of the successful appeals.
The successful appeals were tied to the following issues:
- Late-Filed FCC Form 486
- Ministerial and/or Clerical Errors
Denials were issued for appeals for these following issues:
- Timely Recovery of Funds
- Invoice Deadline Extension Requests
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications
- Unjustified Service Implementation Delay
- Untimely-Filed Appeals or Waivers
The appeal decisions can be viewed here.