- The Board approved the Schools and Libraries Support Mechanism 3rd Quarter 2018 Programmatic Budget and Demand Projection for the May 2, 2018 FCC Filing;
- USAC Schools and Libraries Committee approved 3rd Quarter Schools and Libraries Support Mechanism Operated Budget at $15.63 million;
- The Board approved three USAC Internal Audit Division Schools and Libraries Support Mechanism Beneficiary Audit Reports; The SLD audited $4.25 million and are seeking only $4,084 in recovery;
- A fiber documentation checklist will be published on USAC’s website which lists the information and documentation that applicants may be asked during fiber reviews;
- USAC is preparing guidance from service providers on how to respond to fiber questions while protecting confidentially;
- Lit fiber requested dollars for FY 2018 increased by 300% over FY 2017 as the dollars requested for FY 2018 were $262 million compared with $89 million in FY 2017;
- 90% of Hurricane Second FY2017 Window applications completed
- FCC Form 470 Drop Down issue:
- In coordination with FCC, USAC is updating the language in the form dropdowns;
- FY2018 applicants will have an opportunity to clarify whether the correct Form 470 was referenced during the PIA review. If there is a mismatch between services requested and the competitive bid posting, the funding will be denied;
- Applicants may seek a waiver of the competitive bidding rules from the FCC if the service mismatch was because they were confused or unintentionally selected the wrong service type
Quarterly SLD Board Meeting Highlights
We’re here to help!
Our mission is to provide high-quality consulting and support services for the needs of E-rate program participants. We consult with applicants to help them understand, effectively utilize, and maintain compliance with E-rate rules and regulations. We help prepare and submit paperwork, and interact with program administrators on our clients’ behalf.