On April 30, 2018, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) released appeal decisions related to requests for review, requests for waiver, and petitions for reconsideration of E-rate beneficiaries. The FCC granted 201 applicant appeals who missed the FY2018 deadline but was still within 14 days of the filing window. The FCC dismissed 8 appeals, granted 210, and denied 18 appeals on various grounds. The SLD has 90 days to review the successful appeals.
Successful appeals were tied to the following issues:
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications Filed within 14 Days of the Close of the Window
- Ministerial and/or clerical error
- No Competitive Bidding Violation
- Price is the Primary Factor
- Service Delivery Deadline Error
- Waiver of Appeal – Filing Deadline
- The FCC partially granted an appeal based on the Waiver of Price as Primary Factor Requirement When Applicant Selected Lowest-Price Offering
Denials were issued for appeals for these following issues:
- Applicant Discount Rate Does Not Support Voice Services
- Invoice Deadline Extension Requests
- Late Filed Form 471 Applications
- Seeking support for Services Not Covered by the Applicant’s Competitive Bidding Process
- Untimely-Filed Appeals or Waiver Requests
The FCC Appeal Decisions can be viewed here.