On September 28, 2018, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) released several appeal decisions related to the requests for review, requests for waiver, and petitions for reconsideration of E-rate beneficiaries. The FCC dismissed 12 requests, granted 13 and denied 44 appeals on various grounds.
Successful Appeals were tied to:
- 28-Day Competitive Bidding Rule
- Incorrect Service Start Date on FCC Form 486
- Ministerial and/or Clerical Error
- Timely-Filed Appeal
- Waiver of Appeal- or Waiver-Filing Deadline
Denials were issued for appeals involving the following issues:
- Invoice Deadline Extension Requests
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications
- Seeking E-Rate Support for Services Not Covered by the Applicant’s Competitive Bidding Process
- Untimely-Filed Appeals or Waiver Requests
The streamlined appeal decisions can be viewed here. The FCC directs USAC to complete its review of these applications and issue a funding commitment or a denial based on a complete review and analysis, no later than 90 calendar days of the release of this Public Notice.