On January 31, 2019, the FCC released a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to eliminate the E-rate amortization requirement. While comments are being submitted by stakeholders and being reviewed by the FCC, the FCC is waiving the amortization requirement for FY2019. The comment deadline was March 18, 2019, however, the reply comment deadline is April 1, 2019. Each of the submitted comments support the FCC to permanently eliminate the E-rate amortization regulation.
Comments from stakeholders include:
- Rural Broadband Association
- American Library Association (“ALA”)
- Illinois Department of Innovation and Technology
- State E-rate Coordinators' Alliance (“SECA”)
- Schools, Health, Libraries Broadband Coalition (“SHLB”)
- Central Texas Telephone Cooperative, Inc.
- New Mexico Public School Facilities Authority (“NM PSFA”)