On June 30, 2020, the FCC issued a Public Notice deciding a number of requests for review, requests for waiver, and petitions for reconsideration related to actions taken by USAC.
The FCC resolves requests that are consistent with its precedent by issuing a “streamlined” list of decisions and classifying the matters based on the issue involved and the FCC rule in question.
Appeals involving the following issues were granted:
- Changes to Request for Proposal – 28 Day Bidding Rule
- Invoice Deadline Extension Requests Less Than 12 Months Late
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Due to Circumstances Beyond Applicants’ Control
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Filed Within 14 Days of the Close of the Window
- Ministerial and/or Clerical Errors
- Ministerial and/or Clerical Errors – FRN Omitted from FCC Form 471 Application
- Remand for USAC Explanation of Decision
- Waiver of Late-filed Appeal and/or Waiver Request
Appeals involving the following issues were denied:
- Services Provided Outside of Funding Year
- Improper Service Provider Involvement
- Improper Service Provider Involvement (Service Provider Signature on FCC Form 470)
- Invoice Deadline Extension Requests
The June appeal decisions can be viewed here
The deadline for filing petitions for reconsideration or applications for review concerning the June decisions is 30 days from the release of the Public Notice.