On June 30, 2020, the FCC issued a Public Notice deciding a number of requests for review, requests for waiver, and petitions for reconsideration related to actions taken by USAC.
The FCC resolves requests that are consistent with its precedent by issuing a “streamlined” list of decisions and classifying the matters based on the issue involved and the FCC rule in question.
Appeals involving the following issues were granted:
- Changes to Request for Proposal – 28 Day Bidding Rule
- Invoice Deadline Extension Requests Less Than 12 Months Late
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Due to Circumstances Beyond Applicants’ Control
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Filed Within 14 Days of the Close of the Window
- Ministerial and/or Clerical Errors
- Ministerial and/or Clerical Errors – FRN Omitted from FCC Form 471 Application
- Remand for USAC Explanation of Decision
- Waiver of Late-filed Appeal and/or Waiver Request
Appeals involving the following issues were denied:
- Services Provided Outside of Funding Year
- Improper Service Provider Involvement
- Improper Service Provider Involvement (Service Provider Signature on FCC Form 470)
- Invoice Deadline Extension Requests
The June appeal decisions can be viewed here
The original filings can be located using the FCC’s online electronic filing system https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/
The deadline for filing petitions for reconsideration or applications for review concerning the June decisions is 30 days from the release of the Public Notice.