On August 31, 2020, the FCC issued its monthly Public Notice deciding a number of requests for review, requests for waiver, and petitions for reconsideration related to actions taken by USAC.
The FCC resolves requests that are consistent with its precedent by issuing a “streamlined” list of decisions and classifying the matters based on the issue involved and the FCC rule in question.
Appeals involving the following issues were granted:
- Discount Calculation – Allowing Additional Documentation to Support Discount Rate
- Discount Calculation – Allowing Resubmission of Discount Information
- Discount Calculation – Correcting Discount Information Across Funding Requests
- Discount Calculation – Overturning USAC Discount Calculation Determination
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Due to Circumstances Beyond Applicants’ Control
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Filed Within 14 Days of the Close of the Window
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Funding Year 2020 Application Less Than 60 Days Late
- Ministerial and/or Clerical Errors
- Ministerial and/or Clerical Errors – FRN Omitted from FCC Form 471 Application
- Upfront Recurring Charges
- Waiver of Special Construction Service Delivery Deadline
Appeals involving the following issues were denied:
- Failure to File FCC Form 470 for Current Funding Year
- Improper Service Provider Involvement
- Invoice Deadline Extension Requests
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications
- Untimely Filed Appeals or Waiver Requests
The August appeal decisions can be viewed here
The deadline for filing petitions for reconsideration or applications for review concerning the August decisions is 30 days from the release of the Public Notice.