On December 30, 2020, the FCC issued its monthly Public Notice deciding a number of requests for review, requests for waiver, and petitions for reconsideration related to actions taken by USAC.
The FCC resolves requests that are consistent with its precedent by issuing a “streamlined” list of decisions and classifying the matters based on the issue involved and the FCC rule in question.
Appeals involving the following issues were granted:
- Ministerial and/or Clerical Errors
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Funding Year 2020 Application Less Than 60 Days Late
- USAC Decision Issued After Invoice Deadline
Appeals involving the following issues were denied:
- Invoice Deadline Extension Requests
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications
- Relying on FCC Form 470 That Did Not Seek Bids on Type of E-rate Services Later Requested
- Untimely Filed Appeals or Waiver Requests
The December appeal decisions can be viewed here
The original filings can be located using the FCC’s
online electronic filing system, available here: https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/
The deadline for filing petitions for reconsideration or applications for review concerning the December decisions is 30 days from the release of the Public Notice.