On February 26, 2021, the FCC issued its monthly Public Notice deciding a number of requests for review, requests for waiver, and petitions for reconsideration related to actions taken by USAC.
The FCC resolves requests that are consistent with its precedent by issuing a “streamlined” list of decisions and classifying the matters based on the issue involved and the FCC rule in question.
Appeals involving the following issues were granted:
- Fair and Open Competitive Bidding Process
- Ministerial and/or Clerical Errors
- FCC Form 470 with Inadequate Specificity and No Indication of Request for Proposal (RFP) on Services Being Submitted
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Filed Within 14 Days of the Close of the Window
- Late-Filed FCC Form 486
- No Signed Contract
- Untimely Filed Appeal
- USAC Decision Issued After Invoice Deadline
- Waiver of Special Construction Delivery Deadline
Appeals involving the following issues were denied:
- Competitive Bidding and Contract Issues
- Failure to Satisfy Debt/Red Light Rule
- Invoice Deadline Extension Requests
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications
- Untimely Filed Appeals or Waiver Requests
The February appeal decisions can be viewed here.
The original filings can be located using the FCC’s online electronic filing system, available here: https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/
The deadline for filing petitions for reconsideration or applications for review concerning the February decisions is 30 days from the release of the Public Notice.