On April 30, 2021, the FCC issued its monthly Public Notice deciding a number of requests for review, requests for waiver, and petitions for reconsideration related to actions taken by USAC.
The FCC resolves requests that are consistent with its precedent by issuing a “streamlined” list of decisions and classifying the matters based on the issue involved and the FCC rule in question.
Appeals involving the following issues were granted:
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Filed Within 14 Days of the Close of the Window
- Ministerial and/or Clerical Errors
- USAC Decision Issued After Invoice Deadline
- USAC Invoice Calculation Error
Appeals involving the following issues were denied:
- Ineligible Entities
- Relying on FCC Form 470 That Did Not Seek Bids on Types of E-Rate Services Later Requested
- Invoice Deadline Extension Requests
In the second Streamlined Resolution of Requests since the close of the funding year 2021 filing window, the Commission waived the Form 471 deadline for 403 applications submitted by E-rate participants.
The April appeal decisions can be viewed here
The original filings can be located using the FCC’s online electronic filing system, available here: https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/
Affected parties have 60 days from the date of the Public Notice to file petitions for reconsideration or applications for review.