On June 25, 2021, USAC announced that FY2022 FCC Form 470 will be available in E-rate Productivity Center (EPC) as of Thursday, July 1, 2021. The Form 470 is used to initiate the E-rate competitive bidding process. Its purpose is to describe type and quantity of products and services for which applicants would like to receive pricing, bids, and proposals from service providers. Updates to FY2022 Form 470 include:
- Separate screens for Category One and Category Two service requests
- Tiered guiding statements to assist users in their selections for service and function types.
- Alert messages and requirements for special circumstances related to certain function types.
- Save & Create Another Request, Save Request, and Cancel buttons added for entering service requests.
- Shortcut to create a related Basic Maintenance request under Internal Connections.
- Additional text added to Internal Connections drop-down options that include licenses and other associated options.
A video tutorial on how to file the new FY2022 Form 470, is available here
USAC’s announcement can be viewed here