December has arrived, which means the filing window season is upon us. That also means it is time for E-rate applicants to file the FCC Form 470 for Funding Year 2022. The Form 470 is created and filed online using the E-rate Productivity Center (EPC) and is used to initiate the E-rate competitive bidding process. Its purpose is to describe the type and quantity of products and services for which applicants would like to receive pricing, bids, and proposals from service providers.
The FCC Form 470 must be posted in EPC for a minimum of 28 days before selecting a service provider. If you are including any additional documentation, such as an RFP, it will need to be uploaded along with the FCC Form 470.
Updates to the FY2022 FCC Form 470 include:
- Separate screens for Category One and Category Two service requests
- Tiered guiding statements to assist users in their selections for service and function types.
- Alert messages and requirements for special circumstances related to certain function types.
- Save & Create Another Request, Save Request, and Cancel buttons added for entering service requests.
- Shortcut to create a related Basic Maintenance request under Internal Connections.
- Additional text added to Internal Connections drop-down options that include licenses and other associated options.
A video tutorial on how to file the new FY2022 Form 470, is available here