On December 23, 2021, the FCC released a Public Notice indicating that Chairwoman Jessica Rosenworcel appointed seven members to the Board of Directors of the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC). All positions are for a three-year term beginning January 1, 2021, except for the representative for commercial mobile radio service providers which ends December 31, 2022. The appointed USAC Board of Directors include:
- Representative for interexchange carriers, Alan J. Buzacott, Executive Director of Federal Regulatory Affairs, Verizon Communications, Inc.
- Representative for rural healthcare providers, Brent Fontana, Principal Technical Business Developer, Amazon Web Services
- Representative for state telecommunications regulators, Sarah Freeman, Commissioner, Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission
- Representative for incumbent local exchange carriers, Kenneth F. Mason
- Representative for schools, Julie Tritt Schell, State E-rate Coordinator, Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Representative for information service providers, Olivia Wein, Senior Attorney, National Consumer Law Center
- Representative for commercial mobile radio service providers, Indra Sehdev Chalk, Director, Federal Regulatory Affairs, for T-Mobile USA, Inc.
The full FCC’s Public Notice can be viewed here.