On May 31, 2022, the FCC issued its monthly Public Notice deciding on a number of requests for review, requests for waiver, and petitions for reconsideration related to actions taken by USAC.
The FCC resolves requests that are consistent with its precedent by issuing a “streamlined” list of decisions and classifying the matters based on the issue involved and the FCC rule in question.
Appeals involving the following issues for the E-rate Program were granted:
- Competitive Bidding – Applicant Selected Lowest-Cost Provider
- Invoice Timely Filed
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Application Filed More than 30 Days Late
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Due to Circumstances Beyond Their Control
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Filed Within 14 Days of the Close of the Window
- Service Implementation Delay
- Waiver of Special Construction Service Delivery Deadline
Appeals involving the following issues for the E-rate Program were denied:
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Application
Appeals involving the following issues for the Emergency Connectivity Fund (ECF) Program were denied:
- Late-Filed ECF FCC Form 471 Applications
The May appeal decisions can be viewed here
The original filings can be located using the FCC’s online electronic filing system, available here: https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/
The deadline for filing petitions for reconsideration or applications for review concerning the May decisions is 30 days from the release of the Public Notice.