On July 29, 2022, the FCC issued its monthly Public Notice deciding a number of requests for review, requests for waiver, and petitions for reconsideration related to actions taken by USAC.
The FCC resolves requests that are consistent with its precedent by issuing a “streamlined” list of decisions and classifying the matters based on the issue involved and the FCC rule in question.
Appeals involving the following issues were granted:
- Competitive Bidding – Bid Evaluation Done Properly
- Competitive Bidding – Selecting Provider from State Master Contract
- FCC Form 471 Applications Filed Timely
- Granting Additional Time to Respond to USAC with Information
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Application Filed More than 30 Days Late
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Due to Circumstances Beyond Their Control
- Late-Filed FCC Form 471 Applications – Filed Within 14 Days of the Close of the Window
- Late-Filed FCC Form 486
- Ministerial and/or Clerical Errors
- Signed Contract Requirement and Installation of Equipment
- Spin Change
- Waiver of Special Construction Service Delivery Deadline
Appeals involving the following issues were denied:
- Failure to Post RFP for 28 Days in Violation of the Competitive Bidding Rule
- Invoice Filing Deadline Extension
- Untimely Filed Appeals or Waiver Requests
The July appeal decisions can be viewed here.
The original filings can be located using the FCC’s online electronic filing system, available here: https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/
The deadline for filing petitions for reconsideration or applications for review concerning the July decisions is 30 days from the release of the Public Notice.