- Waiving certain E-rate deadlines for applicants in affected disaster areas were granted an additional 150 days from the date of the First Hurricane Order (October 6, 2017). Some extended deadlines include: Forms 472, 474, and 486, service delivery, and requests for review or waiver
- Creating a second Funding Year 2017 application window for applicants located in hurricane impacted areas. The new window will be open November 13 through December 13
- Waiving the typical 28-day requirement for the Form 470 during the second application window. Applicants will have a 14-day bidding requirement
- Allowing indirectly impacted schools that has had a 5 percent or more increase in enrollment because of displaced students may submit of a supplementary Funding Year 2017 Form 471 during the second application window to cover increased costs from increased student populations
- Resetting any prior Category 2 budget expenditures for applicants in the affected areas
- Granting applicants in the impacted areas the highest C2 discount, regardless of their actual E-rate discount i.e. 90 percent for Category 1 and 85 percent for Category 2.
Summary of FCC Hurricane Orders
We’re here to help!
Our mission is to provide high-quality consulting and support services for the needs of E-rate program participants. We consult with applicants to help them understand, effectively utilize, and maintain compliance with E-rate rules and regulations. We help prepare and submit paperwork, and interact with program administrators on our clients’ behalf.