The COVID-19 pandemic permeated every aspect of life in 2020, and the E-rate program was no exception. An extended filing window, a second filing window, and FCC waivers helped applicants navigate uncharted waters.
- FY2020 Application Window Extended
- FCC Waives Deadlines due to COVID-19
- FCC Waives Gift Rules During Pandemic
- Gift Rule Waiver Extended to December 31
- Gift Rule Waiver Extended to June 30, 2021
- FCC Opens Second FY2020 Filing Window
- Applicants Request $126M in Second Window
- Trends Report Indicates Need for Off-campus Funding
Despite applicants and service providers being disrupted by the pandemic, E-rate funding requests increased for the third Funding Year in a row. USAC processed applications faster than ever before, and disbursed over $1 billion in FY2019 funds by June 30, 2020.
- Early 2020: Demand Up and Prices Down
- Record Count of Sites Seek E-rate Support
- Late Applications Decline Again
- Fast E-rate Decisions to More Applicants
- Over $1 Billion Disbursed in FY2019
- E-rate Delivering More (Faster) Connections
Key FCC Orders issued throughout the year clarify rules, streamline processes, and strengthened program administration.