S&L Funding Decisions Arrive Sooner
In 2018, USAC improved the timeliness of funding commitment decision letters to school and library applicants.
- 2018 E-rate Filing Window Now Open (January 11)
- Rapid Waves Bring FY18 Funding to $503M (April 22)
- Fast Pace of Funding is New USAC Record (May 18)
Major Changes in Day-to-Day Administration
This past year, USAC decided to make two significant changes to its frontline customer service operations.
Slow Going for State Networks
Systemic funding delays threaten statewide networks. Montana, Texas, and Alabama formally express concerns.
- Officials Concerned About Funding Delays (March 20)
- Texas Gov Requests Speedy WAN Decisions (March 28)
- Alabama Governor Weighs in on E-rate (June 5)
- No Funds Yet for WAN Construction in 2018 (August 17)
- Consortium Funding Delays Vex States (November 30)
The Department of Justice announced indictments in two E-rate fraud cases.
FCC’s Mixed Message of Support
The FCC states its desire to promote connectivity. Its actions send a mixed message.
- Closing the Digital Divide, an FCC Priority (March 9)
- In Pribilof, FCC Shows Common Sense (August 10)
- Rules Force Applicants to Repay Millions (October 19)